Tesla’s Gigafactory could be causing a global battery shortage | Engadget Today
The supply shortfall is expected to last through next June.
Tesla has been besieged by reports of production delays and quality control issues lately, and now it’s coming under fire for problems at its Gigafactory, which have led to a global shortage of cylindrical batteries. According to sources quoted by etnews, it’s now “impossible” to purchase cylindrical batteries in Japan — where most of the world’s electronics manufacturing happens — because Gigafactory has hoovered up the supplies needed to create them, but has failed to do so.
Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/engadget
• Add us on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/engadgetHQ
• Read more: http://www.engadget.com
Engadget is the definitive guide to this connected life.