Intel discloses major security issue with its chips | Engadget Today
Intel Inside is now a warning.
Intel has confirmed previous reports that its recent PC, internet of things and server chips are vulnerable to remote hacking. The problem is with the onboard “Management Engine,” which has multiple holes that could let remote attackers run malicious software, get privileged access and take over computers. The vulnerability affects sixth, seventh and eighth generation Core chips (Skylake, Kaby Lake and Kaby Lake R), along with Pentium, Celeron, Atom and multiple Xeon chips.
Subscribe to Engadget on YouTube: http://engt.co/subscribe
Get More Engadget:
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/engadget
• Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/engadget
• Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/engadget
• Add us on Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/engadgetHQ
• Read more: http://www.engadget.com
Engadget is the definitive guide to this connected life.